Best AV Home Theater Receiver Reviews 2013-2014
A home theater receiver is an essential piece of equipment if you’re putting together an entertainment system for connecting all of your electronics to. Yamaha is one of the top manufacturers of quality A/V receivers, and you’ll naturally want to find the best one for your money. Let’s take a look below at some of the best choices for 2013…
#1 – Yamaha RX-V371BL 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver
- The Yamaha RX-V371BL provides 5.1 channel surround sound with 4 HDMI in/out ports for connecting all of your favorite devices including but not limited to Xbox, PS3, Blu-Ray Player, etc.
- Utilizes the latest technology and advanced features such as Audio Return Channel and 3 Dimensional support for 3D TV’s.
- Conserves energy while in standby mode to make the cost of operation a bit easier on your wallet.
- Automatically set it to power off after a certain amount of time if it’s not in use.
- Built in AM/FM tuner for listening to the radio.
- Silent Cinema and Virtual Cinema DSP allow users to enjoy hours upon hours of continuous entertainment without any fatigue. Sometimes if you’re watching TV or using the receiver for much too long, you may notice a fatigue to set in – this does not happen with the RX-V371BL.
- Much more affordable than other AV receivers currently on the market. Priced below $180.
#2 – Yamaha RX-V671 7.1-Channel Network AV Receiver
- The Yamaha RX-V671 7.1-Channel Network AV Receiver is one of Yamaha’s more advanced choices with SIRIUS Satellite radio built in.
- Easily connect your iPhone, iPod, or other MP3 music player to the front of the unit with the built in USB port.
- Convenient HDMI input located on the front panel for easily connecting the latest digital cameras and camcorders without having to fuss with the back of the receiver which is often entangled with cords and cables if you’re putting it to it’s full use.
- Six HDMI inputs located on the back for connecting all of your favorite technologies and devices.
- Loaded with incredible features that only Yamaha is capable of providing such as CINEMA DSP, Adaptive Dynamic Range Control, On Screen GUI, YPAO Sound Optimization, and more. It will surely leave you impressed!
- Delivers the highest quality picture and video possible with 1080p and 3D support to bring your home movies to life.
- Using the unique and free iPhone AV Controller App, you can literally turn your supported cell phone into the remote controller. This comes in handy if you ever misplace the remote control and have your iPhone nearby.
#3 – Yamaha RX-V473 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver
- The Yamaha RX-V473 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver has many features that you’d see in a model that is priced several hundred dollars higher.
- Provides powerful surround sound through 5 channels with 115W per channel. This gives you a theater experience that you’d expect from Yamaha.
- Support for super high resolution picture is expected since 4k pass through is used to multiply the 1080p resolution by 4. This technology is not yet widely available, but in years to come when it is – you’ll be one of the first to utilize it.
- Using your home wireless network, you can connect to bring up a variety of features including connecting your PC, laptop, or Network Attached Storage for viewing and playing audio/video files without having to physically plug anything in.
- Use the Yamaha Controller App on your smartphone or Kindle to turn it into a remote control for easy operation.