Best Programmable Thermostat Reviews 2013-2014
A programmable thermostat is an essential tool for keeping your home at the appropriate temperature, at the right time of day, while saving as much as 1/3 on your energy bill. They enable a homeowner to comfortable adjust the temperature automatically depending on how you customize it. Constant manual adjustments are a thing of the past since over 90% of people who are on the market for a new thermostat want to buy one that’s fully programmable.
2013 is a great year to do so – with energy costs rising every year, the right time to buy one is now. As you can see below, we’ve come to a consensus that the following would be ideal choices if you’re currently searching for the best one of the year.
Honeywell RTH7600D Touchscreen 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
- Provide your house with precise control over the temperature for a week at a time. The Honeywell RTH7600D is one of the most popular one’s currently available that’s designed to save you precious time and money.
- Very easy to use. User-friendly directions guide you through the process of programming different temperatures that correspond with days of the week and times of each day.
- Backlit screen makes it easy to read even in complete darkness.
- Fully compatible with most systems including cooling, heating, and heat-pumps.
- Will automatically tell you when it’s time to change your air filter.
- Operates on battery power or from your cooling or heating system.
- Comes with mounting hardware, anchors for the wall, and a user guide to help you with a painless installation process.
- Measures 6″ wide x 1″ deep x 3.2 inches in height and weighs less than 1 lb.
- Includes a one year limited warranty by Honeywell to ensure it performs exactly as expected and without any issues.
Nest Learning Thermostat – 2nd Generation T200577
- The Nest Learning Thermostat features a super-slim design surrounded by an eye-friendly stainless steel ring that works as well as it looks.
- Unlike other programmable thermostats, it will literally learn what temperatures you like to keep your home at and turn down the temperature automatically if nobody is home.
- Smartphone compatible so it can be controlled by your fingertips from just about anywhere using WiFi technology.
- Very easy to use. Incredibly user-friendly to assist anyone with saving money on their energy bill – around 20%. This will make it pay for itself over time.
- Connect via your laptop, smartphone, or tablet to easily adjust the settings with your thermostat. You have a wide range to create a schedule, see your energy use, or adjust a variety of settings.
- Protected and secured using HTTPS, SSL, and a 128-bit encryption so no one has access to it but you and your family members.
- Foor cooling, it utilizes Airwave technology that will power down the AC unit before the fan turns off so you get more efficiency out of your system.
- Built-in activity sensors detect when nobody is at home so it will automatically adjust to an energy saving temperature.
- Very easy to install. Works with around 95% of 24-volt heating and cooling systems of all kinds including heat pump, radiant, oil, gas, electric, forced air, etc.
- Comes with a built-in lithium-ion battery that recharges so your Nest unit will never run out of power.
Lux Products TX1500E Smart Temp Programmable Thermostat
- The Lux Products TX1500E is ideal for those who want to get their hands on a quality programmable thermostat, but aren’t interested in paying a lot of money. It’s inexpensive to accommodate to most budgets.
- Very easy to use. It’s designed to save as much as 1/3 of your energy costs by automatically adjusting to an appropriate temperature throughout the day or week.
- Select which days, times, and temperatures you want your home to be set to and let it do the rest.
- Large backlit display shows the time, day, current temperature, and your air filter status. From here, you can control settings and adjust accordingly based on your personal preferences and energy saving antics.
- Built in humidity indicator tells you the current humidity and if it’s anything to be concerned about.
- 100% mercury-free so there’s no need to expose your loved one’s to dangerous chemicals
- Compatible with the majority of 24 volt heating and air cooling systems and even wall heaters and gas fireplaces.
- Consumer Reports gave the Lux Products TX1500E a higher overall ranking than other Honeywell models that cost 2-3 times as much.
Homewerks Radio Thermostat CT-30-H-K2 Wireless Thermostat
- The Homewerks Radio Thermostat CT-30-H-K2 has a sleek design looks attractive in any home. Fully controlled by your wireless home internet connection making it one of the easiest to use choices currently available.
- Control settings, adjust temperatures, or program a weekly/daily schedule over the internet or over a mobile application that can be installed on your smartphone. This gives you total control even when you’re away from your house for vacation or business.
- Fully capable of controlling 2 stages of heating and cooling.
- Program as many as 4 different time periods each day. This gives you full flexibility to adjust the temperature before you come home from work, school, or the store.
- Operates off of 3 AA batteries and/or a hard-wired connection to an AC or DC power source.
- Compatible with most HVAC systems of all sorts including heat pumps and furnaces.
- Bright touchscreen display illuminates when you manually touch it. A great feature to have for a dark home or room.
Honeywell RTH221B Basic Programmable Thermostat
- The Honeywell RTH221B is ideal for those who are looking for basic programmable capabilites but don’t want to empty your wallet. This is the most inexpensive programmable thermostat currently available at under $20. With this low of price, there really is no excuse to wait.
- LCD screen displays the current time, temperature, and the status of your heating or cooling system.
- Easy to use. As basic and simple as you can get. Program up to 4 periods per day to create the ideal temperature exactly when you want it.
- Hold setting over-rides the current schedule if you feel at that moment you’d like to adjust the temp.
- Positioned vertically to create a slim, low profile design that’s easy to install and upgrade from your old one.
- Fully compatible with most heating systems including air conditioning, central oil or gas, and electric furnaces. Check your system before determining which one you’ll need.
- Backed by a generous one year warranty that protects your purchase from malfunctioning within the first 12 months of ownership.
- Comes with everything you need for installation. Easy to install – just follow the included instruction manual.