Best Universal Remote Reviews 2013-2014
With a modern entertainment center, you’re bound to have several different remote controls – all with different purposes for controlling different devices. What if there was an easier way to simplify your life by having one remote that controls everything in your media room. Well, there is. They’re known as a universal remote and they can be easily programmed to control every device in your home including blu-ray players, cable boxes, DVRs, televisions, and more. Below we’ve reviewed the best universal remotes of 2013 based on overall performance, features, and average consumer ratings.
Logitech Harmony 900
- With a rechargeable battery and a color touch screen, the Logitech Harmony 900 replaces up to 15 remotes so you can control any home entertainment device with a single remote.
- Uses radio frequency wireless technology so you can control your devices up to 100 feet away. No line of sight needed – it will work through obstructions.
- Color touchscreen adds a dose of simplicity with one touch controls for ease of use. Fully readable – even in the dark!
- Comes with a recharging dock that keeps the batteries fully charged so it’s always ready to use.
- Comfortable, ergonomically shaped design with all the necessary buttons in the right places.
- Compatible with over 5,000 brands and 225,000 different devices with more added on a regular basis.
- Easy to setup. Comes with computer software that guides you through the setup without any headache.
Logitech Harmony 1100
- With a large 3.5 inch full color touch screen, the Logitech Harmony 1100 provides exceptional ease of use with full compatibility to support over 5,000 brands and 225,000 devices.
- Quick and effortless setup via the included computer software with live customer support if needed.
- Volume, channel, and directional buttons in the proper position for comfortable use.
- No need to buy batteries – it comes included with a recharging station that keeps the battery power full so you’ll never unexpectedly run out of ‘juice’.
- Unique tablet design sets it apart from other universal remotes since the screen can be customized for personalized control.
- If you’re looking for an affordable choice that’s easy to use, check out the URC WR7 Universal Remote Control.
- Quick and easy setup that let’s you combine up to 7 different remote controls into 1.
- ‘SimpleSound’ feature makes certain that the mute and volume control buttons will always work even on devices that typically don’t have a volume setting such as your TiVO.
- ‘Learning Mode’ will guide you through the use of your new remote and show you exactly how it functions This lowers the learning curve and makes it easy for anyone to use.
- ‘Couch Mode’ saves battery life in case it accidently slips between pillows or couch cushions, causing the battery drained because a button is pressed down for too long. It will automatically shut itself off if a button is pushed for over 30 seconds.
- Incredibly affordable.
Logitech Harmony 650
- With a small color screen and one-click buttons, the Logitech Harmony 650 lets you control up to five devices in one.
- Compatible with virtually every brand and/or device out there and in the future. In fact, over 5,000 device remote brands are able to be replaced.
- Easy setup that anyone can complete by simply connecting it to their PC and running a quick installation. Free live customer support is also an option for those who may encounter any difficulty.
- Backed by a 1 year limited warranty on the hardware.
- Setup works with either Mac or PC systems.
- Contoured design fits well and comfortably in your hand.