Best Wireless IP Network Camera Reviews 2013-2014
Keeping your property, business, and/or secure with a surveillance system is one of the most effective steps you can take to act as a deterrent against criminals. They act as an important step to help prevent anything mischievousness from happening. Some may think there is a huge price tag on setting up home security, but luckily there are now wireless options which are affordable and ideal for the average consumer. Let’s take a look at some of the best wireless IP network cameras for the year.
#1 – Foscam FI8910W Wireless IP Network Camera
- The Foscam FI8910W Wireless IP Network Camera is the most popular choice. Available in white or black, loaded with all of the features you’ll need.
- Control it remotely via your smartphone, PC, laptop, or other internet connected device.
- Pan & Tilt – Control it’s movement from a distance without physically touching it. Sweep left to right, right to left, up to down, and down to up to get the best viewing angle possible.
- Night Vision – Using the IR-cut off filter, you can see up to 26 feet in total darkness.
- Built in speaker and microphone to pick up clear audio without distortion, enabling two way audio.
- Inexpensive. Each camera costs under $100 and can be pair with multiple cameras for a wide range of viewing.
- Setup notifications to alert you when motion is detected. This way, you’re able to set it up to automatically record snapshots when motion is detected.
- Works right out of the box. Installation is a breeze and does not take long. A computer is required to set it up for the very first time, but once that is done you won’t ‘need’ a computer to operate them.
- Backed by a hefty 2 year warranty with excellent customer support to help you with any issues or technical difficulties you may encounter.
#2 – Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera
- The Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera is super compact and features a sleek design takes up very little space, allowing you to keep it relatively hidden from any suspicious activity.
- Very easy and fast to install/setup. The included instructions guide you thoroughly through the entire process.
- Using AES 256-bit encryption, it streams 720p HD video with ease. This quality sets it apart from most other wireless IP cameras since it’s in a High Definition format.
- Zoom feature gives users a close up view to get a better picture when necessary.
- Hook it up to an optional off-site DVR to keep a recording of what it’s viewing, all day long.
- Access and control from your laptop, iPhone, android, or other internet connected device.
- Using infrared technology, night vision gives a clear view in total darkness.
#3 – Cisco-Linksys Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera
- Unlike other brands, makes, and models – the Cisco-Linksys Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera has it’s own web server built into itself. This enables it to be directly connected to a wireless network or cat-5 Ethernet.
- Security mode is designed to notify homeowners when motion is detected no matter where you are. Access it from your internet connected smartphone or laptop to keep a close eye even when you’re thousands of miles away.
- The video stream can be viewed publicly and streamed online for anyone to see, kept within the boundaries of your secured home network, or you can setup individual password protected access for private viewing via the web.
- Video stream resolution is compressed to save space and records at 640×480.
- Since it’s so small in size, it’s very easy to place anywhere you desire. Blends in well and is easily disguised.