Best Wireless Router Reviews 2013-2014
Wireless routers provide an internet and/or network connection among a group of computers within a range. Finding the best one can be a difficult thing to do since there are so many different makes, models, and brands to choose from. We’ve gone ahead and outlined to top 3 best wireless routers of 2013 to make it a little easier on the decision process. They are ranked based upon popularity, functionality, price, and user reviews.
#1 – Medialink Wireless N Router
- The Medialink Wireless N Router is ideal for those looking for an easy to install, the super quick, high quality wireless network router for their home or workplace.
- Using 802.11n technology, you’ll experience some of the fastest and clearest wireless signals you’ve ever known. It is backwards compatible with 802.11b/g devices – not everything on your network must be Wireless-N.
- E-Z connect setup gives consumers the easiest installation ever. It walks you through the process step by step so that you have it up and running in no time.
- Sleek looking, slim design fits well in a closet, media center, or on a desk without the bulkiness that you may be used to. It can even be mounted on the wall.
- Highly secure. Built to support all of security methods such as WPS, WPA, and WPA 2. This technology ensures users won’t leak private information via wireless from their home or office.
- Hands down, the most popular choice. Backed by a 1 year warranty and outstanding customer support, you really can’t go wrong.
#2 – Linksys E1200 Wireless-N Router
- Using unique MIMO antenna technology, users often praise the Linksys E1200 Wireless-N Router for providing a broad range that covers a large area with transfer speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
- Included SPI firewall protection along with standard WPA/WPA2 encryption, security is definitely a strong feature of this router.
- Parental controls are built-in to filter out any specific websites or content that you don’t want view-able by your children, family, or friends.
- Very easy to setup and install. Using Cisco’s own connect software, it will guide you through the process so there are no hiccups with using it for the first time.
- Inexpensive, often found online for at or around $50 – it’s priced to fit just about anyone’s budget.
#3 – ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- Unlike other wireless routers, the ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router uses two bands of signal at 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz to give users on the network blazing fast speeds of up to 900 MBps. This means no lag, and incredibly fast speeds each and every time.
- Endless amounts of customization options and usability features thanks to the ASUSWRT control panel interface gives complete control to hundreds of settings and options.
- Manage each wireless task to prioritize certain amounts of bandwidth with the Quality of Service feature – so if you’re playing a video game while watching a movie and/or downloading large applications, you can set specific limits to give different tasks certain amounts of network use and data transfer.
- Easily connect and share printers and other peripherals thanks to the two USB ports located on the back.
- One of the more expensive choices, but packed full of features that are sure to impress anyone.
- Sleek, portable design looks sexy and attractive and not bulky. Takes up little space on the desk and can be optionally mounted on a wall.
#4 – Belkin N150 Wireless N Router
- The Belkin N150 Wireless N Router is a basic, simple, inexpensive wireless router with capability of speeds up to 150Mbps.
- Easy to setup right out of the box. All you’ll need to do is plug the router into your modem, plug your router into the wall, and then insert the provided CD to follow the on-screen setup.
- Cross-compatible with older wireless signals such as B or G.
- Security settings are already configured so there is no need to setup security.
- Powerful signal strength thanks to Belkin’s own MultiBeam technology that’s built right into the unit. This provides a much clearer and stronger signal compared to similar makes and models.
- One of the easiest routers to setup.
There are still many other choices that provide consumers with fast, secure, and reliable connectivity. It’s a good idea to do thorough research to determine which is the right one for you. Take a look on Amazon.com to browse other wireless network routers and see which other one’s are a great choice for the year.