Reviews of the Best Streaming Media Player for 2013-2014
If you’re looking at upgrading your home theater system by giving your television access to your online subscriptions, you’ll need to acquire a streaming media player. These enable you to watch programs through services such as Hulu, Netflix, as well as hundreds of exclusive channels that broadcast movies, shows, sports, music, and much more. Below is an outline of the best streaming media players going into 2013.
Roku 3 Streaming Player
- The latest and greatest Roku 3 Streaming Player is a top rated choice that faster and much more powerful than it’s predecessor.
- Incredible 1080p High Definition video for crystal clear enjoyment that will have you on the edge of your seat.
- Extended range dual band wireless access with incredible speeds with no delay. Keep the messy cables away.
- Comes included with a remote that has a unique headphone jack to allow you to quietly watch movies and shows without interrupting anyone else in the room.
- One stop search feature gives you the advanced ability to select programming from a large base of 750+ channels with more added each month.
- Download the free iOS or Android app to turn your cell phone into a remote. A handy feature that will make sure the control is always at your fingertips.
- Easy to setup, configure, and setup with your home wireless network in a matter of minutes. No hassle required.
Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player
- The Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player gains you access to over 600 channels that grow every month. Many are displayed in full high definition 1080p for a surreal experience.
- Play a variety of games with the motion controller (Angry Birds included for free).
- Simple one stop search feature allows you to find something to watch whether it be from Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, etc.
- Subscribe to live sports channels so you can watch your favorite games just like you would with a standard cable box.
- 90-Day manufacturer’s warranty.
- Connects to your wireless network so you don’t have to hassle with network cables. It’s recommended that you have at a minimum 5 Mbps connection for high definition viewing.
Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming Media Player
- The Western Digital WD TV Live Streaming Media Player is ideal for those looking for a lot of features, this one seems to have it all. Stream internet broadcasted television shows, movies, sports, and gain access to the web through your tv for hours of endless entertainment.
- Very easy to set up. From the time it arrives on your doorstep to the time it is up and running is only a matter of minutes. All you need is your HDTV, a high speed wireless connection, and a quick look over the installation instructions.
- Stream data and media from various sources such as a USB drive, network attached storage, laptop, and desktop computer no matter if it’s Mac or PC.
- Play casual games such as Sudoku, Texas Hold Em’ and more.
- Bring the entertainment right to your living room with Netflix, HuluPlus, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Vimeo, PlayJam, YouTube, Flixster, and much more.
- Very affordable for what it is – found for around $80.
- Capable of playing a wide range of file types such as MKV, MP4, XVID, AVI, WMV, and MOV.
- Fully programmable remote makes it easy to custom pick which buttons you’ll use to turn on your favorite media.
Sony SMP-N200 Streaming Media Player
- The Sony SMP-N200 Streaming Media Player turns any TV into a wireless enabled smart TV. Gain access to your favorite programs via Hulu Plus, YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, and more.
- Control the player with your iPhone or Android so you’ll never need to search around the room for the missing remote again – just use your smartphone!
- Enjoy breathtaking full high definition for a home theater experience unlike any other. Capable of 1080P and 3D with I/P noise reduction that assures a crisp picture each and every time.
- Small, compact design looks great in the entertainment center.
- Bring your favorite music to your TV. Stream MP3 files and listen to your favorite music easily through your TV.